Saturday, November 19, 2011

My regrets over breast op at 19, by Strictly star Chelsee Healey

My regrets over breast op at 19, by Strictly star Chelsee Healey



By Sara Nathan

Last updated at 11:58 AM on 19th November 2011


Tearful: The Waterloo Road actress admitted she made a mistake because of insecurities about her body
Tearful: The Waterloo Road actress admitted she made a mistake because of insecurities about her body

Her ample bosom has been one of the major talking points of this year’s Strictly Come Dancing.

Now Chelsee Healey has revealed that she regrets having her breasts enlarged as a teenager, when she was overcome by insecurities about her figure.

The Waterloo Road actress, 23, broke down in tears in front of millions of viewers last month after her low-cut gown slipped to reveal her bust while dancing the tango with partner Pasha Kovalev.

She said she has now been forced to ask for extra support in her skimpy costumes.

Earlier in the series, viewers complained that the show’s camera angles seemed to be focusing lecherously on the cleavage of female contestants, in particular Miss Healey.

The 5ft 1in actress, who is due to perform the samba this evening in a more demure dress, has now spoken of her regret over having her bosom enlarged from a 32C to a 32DD in 2007.

She said friends encouraged her to go for the £3,000 operation in Spain to cope with her negative feelings about her body.

She said: ‘I’d hated my boobs for as long as I can remember. I’m naturally outgoing, but in this area I lacked self-esteem.



'By the time I was 19, I was desperate to change. I took £3,000 from a trust fund my dad had set up for me.

‘I knew I’d never be happy until I got the shape I wanted.’


Exposed: Miss Healey broke down in tears last month after her dress slipped to reveal her chest as she danced the tango with Pasha Kovalev
Exposed: Miss Healey broke down in tears last month after her dress slipped to reveal her chest as she danced the tango with Pasha Kovalev

She added: ‘There’s always been a part of me that wished I’d not had them done, but it was a long time ago and there’s nothing I can change now. I was young and if it was a decision I was making now, I wouldn’t have gone through with it. Not now I’m older and a bit wiser. I feel they’re a bit too big and I’ve only got a little frame.’

Miss Healey also confessed that she has found it difficult to handle online criticism of her raunchy costumes by Strictly fans.


Stripped: The 23-year-old spoke out in a revealing interview and photoshoot with Closer magazine this month
Stripped: The 23-year-old spoke out in a revealing interview and photoshoot with Closer magazine this month

She said: ‘I had a few nasty comments, especially on Twitter. Some said I was a maneater and criticised my lips and boobs.

‘There are times when it gets to you but I’ve started ignoring the negative comments and try to take in the positive ones. It’s only natural to have body insecurities.’

But she insisted that she had ruled out having any other cosmetic procedures, explaining: ‘There’s nothing else I feel like I need or want to do.’

Meanwhile, Robbie Savage, another contestant who has caused controversy with his risque dance routines, has vowed not to change his style.

The former footballer, who attracted more than 300 complaints that his repeated hip-thrusts in one routine were unsuitable for a family show, said yesterday: ‘Have I toned down my sexuality in the routines? No. Tomorrow is going to be fantastic. And if I upset people, do you know what, I don’t really care.’


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2063447/Strictly-Come-Dancing-2011-Chelsee-Healeys-regrets-breast-op-19.html#ixzz1eB2fRuDu

No comments:

Post a Comment