Friday, December 10, 2010

Southeast Asian crime

Well, I've just arrived in Bangkok, and have a couple of hours to kill before Helen arrives from London. So of course I hit the bookstores in the airport. I've picked myself up a couple of 'locally'-set crime/thriller novels to read on my Bangkok/Cambodia/Vietnam travels over the next couple of weeks; BANGKOK HAUNTS by John Burdett (one of my favourite 'new to me' authors of 2010), and PHNOM PENH EXPRESS by Johan Smits - a book I came across thanks to some Internet surfing earlier in the week.

The cool thing about BANGKOK HAUNTS is that it is set in both Bangkok (where I am now) and Cambodia (where I'm heading on Tuesday). Cool.

Looking forward to reading them both.

PS Crime Watch will become a little more irregular over the coming month, just the sporadic post now and then as I'm traversing Southeast Asia. But we'll be back bigger and better in 2011, don't you worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment